You are Invited to the Summer of a Lifetime!
The four camps of NovusWay have an experience for you this summer. You will make a difference. You will be out in God’s good creation. You will grow and discover who God is calling you to be. You will learn leadership skills. And you will work alongside a community that will last with you for a lifetime. As a counselor at Lutheridge, Lutherock, Luther Springs, or Lutheranch, you will gain skills to empower you to be a great counselor for your campers. And you will leave your summer equipped to make a difference in the world after camp.
We are looking for young adults like you who want to share your faith with campers no matter where you are on your journey with Jesus. We are looking for young adults like you who have a passion for adventure in nature and want to share that with campers. We are looking for young adults like you who are ready for the summer of a lifetime! We are looking for you!
Here’s a little more about these four camps…
Located in Arden, NC, just outside Asheville, Camp Lutheridge provides a diversity of experiences, from first-time campers in first and second grade to high school campers hiking on the Appalachian Trail. Lutheridge is primarily an overnight residential camp with 80+ summer staff. Counselors also get the opportunity to travel around the southeast, leading day camps at local congregations. Lutheridge also features Outdoor Adventure Programs where counselors lead exciting and challenging experiences from rafting to zip lines to hiking. Counselors at Lutheridge will also have opportunities to work at Lutheranch and Lutherock. Click here to learn more and apply!
Located in Newland, NC, thirty minutes from Boone, Camp Lutherock is focused on fun and challenging outdoor experiences for campers. Counselors get the opportunity to lead campers on beautiful hikes to the awe-inspiring views on camp, take campers rock climbing, and rafting on world-class rapids. And this incredible natural setting makes an excellent place to share and form faith in campers. All of Lutherock’s programs are Outdoor Adventure Programs, so counselors will be trained in the needed skills caring for campers in those settings. Counselors at Lutherock will also have opportunities to work at Lutheridge. Click here to learn more and apply!
Located in Hawthorne, FL, 20 minutes east of Gainsville, Luther Springs offers counselors an opportunity to gain leadership skills for their life and share them with their campers. This lakeside camp invites campers from 1st grade through high school to have an incredible on-camp experience, including crafts, Bible study, games, and campfires. Special camps include the opportunity to be a counselor for campers from migrant families and our popular Night Gators camp that flips the campers’ day. Counselors also get the chance to travel around Florida, leading day camps at local congregations. At Luther Springs this summer, you will make a difference in the lives of campers, and the experience will change yours forever. Click here to learn more and apply!
As NovusWay’s newest camp, Lutheranch brings new and exciting opportunities for your counselor experience. Located an hour west of Atlanta, the centerpiece of Lutheranch is the equestrian program that welcomes campers into extraordinary experiences with horses and creates community. As a counselor, you will share in this fun while creating faith forming community. Campers and counselors will plan each day together to enjoy all that the ranch has to offer from cookouts to archery to boating and fishing. Lutheranch also offers an Outdoor Adventure Program and one week of an on-site horse camp day camp. Lutheranch staff will spend part of their summer at Lutheridge as well. Click here to learn more and apply!
Take these Five Steps to apply…
- Learn more about your camp. Click on the links above to find out more about the experience you can have this summer at Lutheridge, Lutherock, Luther Springs, and Lutheranch. You’ll also find email addresses for Program Directors at each site. We’d love to answer any questions.
- Read our Personnel Policies for NovusWay camps before applying.
- Fill out an application online for the site where you most want to work.
- Ask for three references and share with them the following link to fill out your reference: novusway.org/staffreference. Ask them to complete your reference online before your interview date.
- Reply to camp staff when they reach out to schedule an interview.
Returning Counselors & Leadership
- Returning counselors who have worked a summer at a NovusWay camp need to fill out the Returning Counselor application.
- New counselors who received a contract for Summer 2020 need to fill out a New Counselor application but do not need to provide references. Please indicate on the application that you were offered a position for Summer 2020.
- Leadership Staff and Senior Staff applicants need to fill out a corresponding application for your site.
- December 1st, 2020 – Applications go live on our websites.
- May 1st, 2021 – Leadership Staff and Senior Staff applications due.
- May 1st, 2021 – Returning Staff and Summer 2020 contracted staff applications due.
- May 1st, 2021 – New staff applications due.
Camp & Covid-19
We know that there will be many questions about what camp will look like for you as a counselor in 2021. Will you need to wear a mask? Will we be able to sing camp songs? Will we be able to do group activities and play games together? Will we have to stay in a bubble on camp? In any case, we will continue to follow the latest guidance and safety protocols from the CDC and the American Camp Association. We will keep you updated regularly on what that will look like for you and our summer staff. You can expect monthly updates leading up to summer camp beginning in January 2021. Look for the most up to date information on our health guidelines and precautions in this space and on your site’s staff page.