← Back to News

An Update on Summer Plans for NovusWay Camps

Summer Camp Plans

In pursuit of our mission to provide a safe and healthy community and in response to the
continued need for physical distancing, NovusWay Ministries is delaying the start of onsite
summer camp programs at Lutheridge, Lutherock, Luther Springs and Lutheranch until
Sunday, June 21st. In addition, select programs scheduled for the later part
of the summer are affected. This includes our Outdoor Adventure Programs which, out of
an abundance of caution for campers and due to external limitations, will remain largely
onsite and use the outdoor adventure activities located on all of our sites.

All campers, parents, and guests affected by the changes will receive email
communication from NovusWay with updated or alternative registration options.

Congregational leadership for Daycamp or Lutheroad programs will receive
communication from registration and program leadership about your specific program.

Summer staff who have been contracted at Lutheridge, Lutherock, Luther Springs, and
Lutheranch will receive communication from the program leadership at their site outlining
adjusted plans for orientation.

Like you, we know that children are going to need camp now more than ever. They are
going to need the community, faith formation, and outdoor experiences camp provides.
At Lutheridge, Lutherock, Luther Spring and Lutheranch we are committed to partnering
with you in this mission at the highest level of safety and health. As we continue to work
diligently toward a safe and fun summer, we remain committed to following the guidance
from the American Camp Association (ACA), the Association of Camp Nursing, the
Center for Disease Control (CDC), and government authorities. Decisions made by camp
leadership and the NovusWay Board of Trustees will be done with the health and safety of
our campers, guests, staff, and all of God’s world as our top priority. Based upon input
from the ACA and the CDC, NovusWay leadership will be evaluating these plans in mid-
May. We will continue to communicate any changes in a timely manner to provide families
and congregations the greatest timeline to plan.

We have received significant questions of concern for the financial future of the ministry
during these uncertain times. We truly appreciate and value the love our camp community
has for this ministry we all share. The requirement to cancel programs between March and
the beginning of June will have a profound financial impact. We are taking the necessary
steps internally to preserve financial resources while not compromising the safety and
quality of our program as soon as we are able to gather once again. Financial gifts received
during this time will be used to ensure that safety and quality and our ability to welcome
campers regardless of their ability to pay.

Registration for the remainder of NovusWay summer camp programs at all sites remains
open. To provide you with a greater sense of ease in making your summer camp decision
we continue to offer Risk Free Registration. We look forward to gathering again with you
and your camper in these sacred spaces where we know that camp changes everything.