Over the past 70 years, our number one priority has been the safety of our guests, volunteers, campers, and staff. Although the Coronavirus has turned much of our world upside down, one thing that hasn’t changed is our focus on safety. We have re-evaluated all aspects of our operations – from how we serve meals to how we use facilities and run programs – to identify changes we can make to reduce the risk of COVID-19. While there are no silver bullets to guarantee absolute safety during a pandemic, we have based our new operating procedures on public health guidelines as ways to reduce the spread of the virus.
Here is a summary of the changes you will see during your next visit:
- Face masks are encouraged for anyone 2 years of age and up who have not been fully vaccinated. Guest are encouraged to wear masks while gathering in large groups; and around other guests who aren’t part of your group/cohort.
- Maintaining 6 foot social distance both indoors and outdoors is encouraged.
- We will more frequently clean and disinfect shared spaces and supplies
- Program participants will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Health Disclosure.
- All guests are required to sign a COVID-19 waiver
- Some formerly shared spaces may be closed-off or assigned to a specific group
- We have posted COVID-19 signage around the facilities
- We will hold group activities outdoors when possible (weather permitting)
- During meals, seating may be socially distanced and food will be prepared and served according to current health guidelines
- Hand sanitizer or handwashing stations will be easily accessible around the site
Since each of our four sites has unique facilities and programs, we have established detailed COVID-19 operating procedures for each site. Scroll down to download and read the new policies for a specific site. Our registration team will send you specific guidelines for any program or event for which you have registered.