Over the past 70 years, our number one priority has been the safety of our guests, volunteers, campers, and staff. Although the Coronavirus has turned much of our world upside down, one thing that hasn’t changed is our focus on safety. We have re-evaluated all aspects of our operations – from how we serve meals to how we use facilities and run programs – to identify changes we can make to reduce the risk of COVID-19. While there are no silver bullets to guarantee absolute safety during a pandemic, we have based our new operating procedures on public health guidelines as ways to reduce the spread of the virus.
Here is a summary of the changes you will see during your next visit:
- Face masks are mandatory for all guests and staff while indoors in shared public spaces and while outdoors when 6 feet social distancing cannot be maintained
- We will more frequently clean and disinfect shared spaces and supplies
- Program participants will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Health Disclosure and have their temperature taken upon arrival
- All guests are required to sign a COVID-19 waiver
- Some formerly shared spaces may be closed-off or assigned to a specific group
- We have posted COVID-19 signage around the facilities
- We will be limiting group size in compliance with current health department regulations
- We will hold group activities outdoors when possible (weather permitting)
- During meals, seating will be socially distanced and food will be prepared and served according to current health guidelines
- Some formerly staff-led activities will now be self-directed
- Hand sanitizer or handwashing stations will be easily accessible around the site
Since each of our four sites has unique facilities and programs, we have established detailed COVID-19 operating procedures for each site. Scroll down to download and read the new policies for a specific site. Our registration team will send you specific guidelines for any program or event for which you have registered.